Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Anna 'Sta Notte

This next recipe is the last Prosecco based cocktail in the beginning chapter of the cookbook. I wasn't a big fan of the last drink so I'm hoping that this one will be slightly better. Limoncello is also featured in this recipe along with grappa. 

Grappa is a distilled spirit that is high in alcohol content and is made from the leftover grape skins from the final pressings when making wine. You have to hand it to the Italians in coming up with a crafty way to do something with leftover product. To me, on its own it's quite harsh, so hopefully adding it to the Prosecco will smooth it out a little bit. 

In an almost identical preparation as the last recipe, some grappa gets placed in a large spoon and a sugar cube is added. 


Once the sugar cube has absorbed the grappa, it gets added to the champagne flute. The sugar cube gets topped with limoncello and Prosecco just as in the last recipe. 


I liked this drink much better than the Amarina from the last post. However, it was a bit too sweet for me to have on any regular basis. It's really a perfect chick drink. I had to go solo with trying this recipe considering that my wife is pregnant and she couldn't have any booze. 

There are three more drink recipes left in this cookbook. There will probably be some time before you catch me mixing my next cocktail for this blog. The rest of the drinks are similar to each other as well, and they involve buying some specialty bottles of liquor that are quite costly to purchase all at the same time so I will be buying them a little at a time. If I had more dinner parties at my house on days off with drinkers that would appreciate them, then I can understand expanding my liquor cabinet stock. But that is not happening and I don't need to get them all right away. Instead I choose to tackle some more of the recipes in the book with obscure ingredients. 

Next up I'm going to be cooking with a fish that I've never cooked before in my life. Octopus. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment